The “clamp-on” current sensors are particularly useful for easy and safe installation. They are installed straightforwardly onto a wire going into the electrical load without the need to do any high voltage electrical work. The current sensor consists of a Melexis Hall Sensor (MLX91208) and a patented ferromagnetic structure packaged in a robust plastic housing.
This non-invasive current sensor (also known as a “split core” or “cable-clamp” ) can be clamped around the supply line of any electrical load to tell you how much current is passing through it. It monitors the magnetic field around a current-carrying conductor and outputs a voltage proportional to the current.
The clamp-on current sensors measure loads from +/-5 Amps to +/-230 Amps which makes it great for building your own energy monitor to keep your power usage down, or even building an over-current protection device for an AC load.
- AC and DC current measuring
- Motor control, over-current protection or DC Battery current monitoring
- Solar power junction boxes, smart junction boxes, lighting equipment, air
- compressor, water pumps
- E-mobility, charging stations, power management, state-of-charg
|Module||Wire diameter (mm)||Current (A)|
|Primary input current||±5…±230(1)||A|
|Output voltage swing||±2000||mV|
|Output voltage range||500…4500||mV|
(1) please refer to the Module Overview Table